To create a new wallet follow the steps below:
- Once logged in to Copper Unlimited click on “Create or import multi-sig wallet” or click the plus icon next to Wallets in your dashboard
- Enter a name for your wallet, select the currency and click the next button
- Hold the spacebar to reveal your seed and write it down on paper. Make sure you store your seed securely.
(Optional: Here you can also choose encrypt your seed with a BIP39 passphrase extension as an additional layer of security. Simply click the "Add your own seed word" button and you'll be asked to enter a custom word and confirm it. Please note the custom word is case sensitive.)
- Next you’ll be prompted to verify your seed, ensuring you have it written down correctly.
(If you chose to add a custom seed word in the previous step you'll first be asked to confirm it here.)
- Your distributed keys will then be generated and you’ll be prompted to save each encrypted key
- Enter a key holder name and set a password for each of the distributed keys
- Send a key file to each respective key holder (Tip: never send the key file and password by the same method)
- Once completed you’ll be prompted to select one key to store on your computer, this is your key
- Your new wallet will be available on your Copper Unlimited dashboard